Saturday, May 15, 2010

One Moment Week #5



Being the mother of a 21 year old son and 23 year old daughter is never dull. I can remember when my kids would play for hours on their own and not surface from their room until they needed food. They were constant companions nearly 20 years ago. Now a days, they live separate lives. I am fortunate to have them both home this summer. Sam is busy with his friends and band and Kate is busy with her job and the theatre. So, they don't see much of each other. But, tonight my husband, Sam and I went to see Kate perform. She has the role of Fraulein Kost in Cabaret. Now, musical theatre is definitely not my son's favorite thing. Nevertheless, he sat in the audience and clapped and stood for the ovation. After the show, we waited for the actors to congratulate them. Sam went up and gave Kate a big hug. It made me flash back to those days when they were inseparable. It brought a tear to my eye and a flutter to my heart. I love those moments.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails