Friday, August 1, 2008

About Me


My name is Wendy. I'm the mother of two fantastic kids (both in college) and the wife of a wonderful artist. I've been crafting and sewing since I was 8 years old. My grandmother taught me how to sew on her old Singer. We used upholstery and drapery fabric samples... the kind interior decorators use. The first thing I ever made was a vest out of heavy damask material. Each panel was a different color version of the same pattern since the sample pieces were only about 2' x 2'. Imagine wearing that to school.

When I went to college, I started out as a retailing major and took many sewing and tailoring classes. About half way through, I changed my major to art and concentrated in textile design. I've done everything from cross-stitch to weaving. I've quilted, embroidered, beaded, painted, thrown pottery, screen-printed...you name it, I've probably done it at one time or another. My favorite thing to do, though, is to sew.

1 comment:

SecondChanceChicken said...

Me too - love the sewing machine:)

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails