Monday, March 23, 2009

Top 10 Things That Kill My Sewing Bliss

I thought it might be therapeutic to write down the things that ruin my sewing experience. Well, actually, they don't ruin the experience, but they make it less fun for sure.

10. When my rotary blade gets a burr and skips during a cut.
9. Having to rip a seam out...any seam, for any reason.
8. When the fusible side of the interfacing is face up when it should be face down and it sticks to my iron.
7. Running out of bobbin thread in the middle of a row of stitching.
6. Not having the color thread I need. I have a whole drawer full of thread, so it really shouldn't happen. Ugh!
5. Breaking a needle in my machine.
4. When I can't find my scissors...and I have about 12 pair.
3. That hole in the edge of my cutting mat that they put there so you can hang it. Really? I mean, who hangs their cutting mat. I'm always trying to rotary cut and run over that hole. That HOLE!
2. When the fusible side of the interfacing is face up when it should be face down and it sticks to my iron. Okay, I know it was #8, but it really upsets me.
1. Waiting for the iron to heat up. I mean. I like the automatic shut off because I tend to forget, but come on...every time I leave it alone for 5 minutes??? Really???

Okay, I feel so much better. It's good to vent. Ha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh like mother like daughter haha

Anonymous said...

I hated #1 so I went and bought a cheap iron ~ it stays on and I can either use it with steam or dry. With the iron I had before, I was constantly unplugging and then plugging it back in to get it to heat up again after it shut off. ARRGGHH!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails