Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jade Tiger Lenten Rose

I just found a perennial I must add to my shade garden. We already have some lenten roses and they do so well in the shade. Isn't it beautiful. I love the color and the delicate magenta edges.



I found this one on the Better Homes and Gardens website. "Part of the Winter Jewels series, 'Jade Tiger' offers amazing double green flowers in late winter and early spring. Because it's poisonous, this perennial is left alone by deer, rabbits, and other animal pests.
Name: Helleborus Winter Jewels 'Jade Tiger'
Growing conditions: Shade and moist, well-drained soil
Size: To 20 inches tall and 24 inches wide
Zones: 4-8
Grow it with: Create early-season contrast in the garden by planting this with a rich purple Lenten rose.
Available from seed: No"
Source: greatgardenplants.com
Photo courtesy greatgardenplants.com

1 comment:

Sprouts, Shoots, & Sunshine said...

That is a beautiful Helleborus! I love the idea of planting in next to a purple Helleborus. I have Helleborus 'Black Diamond' in my garden, that dark purple almost black flower that would be the perfect companion.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails