Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Okay, so my day went like this...

The day started out like any other. But somewhere around lunchtime it took a turn for the worst. My daughter called me at work to say her cat, Grizabella, who has been sick for the past week (see earlier post), had a swollen jaw, her pupils were different sizes and she was walking with her head slightly tilted...oh, and she was walking with a limp. We thought she was on the road to recovery after barium tests, blood tests, x-rays, antibiotics and 2 days in the pet hospital. The whole thing was a real mystery to our vet, until she asked if anyone in our family did needle work. "Why, yes." I replied. So she did some x-rays of Griz's front end. BINGO! It appears that Griz likes to eat straight pins. Three of them to be exact. And, guess who has plenty of straight pins in her sewing room? That's right, you guessed it...ME. I feel incredibly bad for having left my sewing room door open. But, who would have thought she'd eat pins?!? Good news is that now we know what the problem was and it's fixable. Griz will go under the knife tomorrow morning. So, everyone say a prayer for our sweet little kitty.



And, as if that wasn't bad enough, I got in a fender-bender in the Target parking lot. My car got the worst of it, too. Just not my day.



It's definitely a two cocktail evening.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails