Friday, February 13, 2009

Opening Night...The Importance of Being Earnest


Today I want to sing the praises of one of my new favorite Etsy sellers~ Mrs. Gibson Atelier. Let me tell you how I found this beautiful shop. As you may know from previous posts, my daughter is a theater student at Ball State University. Every time she is in a show, I have given her a piece of jewelry that relates to the character she is playing. It's something that she can keep to remember the experience. Well, tonight was her opening night playing Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Being Earnest. So, now I can tell you about the perfect piece of jewelry I found by doing a search for "Lady Bracknell" on Etsy without worrying she'd read the post and ruin the surprise. Who would have thought that such an obscure search would bring back a result. Just goes to show you that there are so many cool things to be found on Etsy. Anyway, my search brought me to a handbag labeled "Lady Bracknell Cream Velvet English Chintz Metal Framed Handbag". The purse was absolutely stunning, but not quite what I was looking for. Upon further browsing through the shop, I found that this Etsian also makes jewelry. To be specific, glass lockets that can be personalized. I promptly convo'd the shop proprietor of Mrs. Gibson's and after a few back and forth discussions she came up with my perfect gift. The picture is of Oscar Wilde and the smaller charm has a famous line from the play. She even added a crystal before sending it. And, it was wrapped in the most beautiful paper. To make things more perfect, the shop proprietor lives in the UK which is where the playwright Oscar Wilde wrote and set this play. My daughter love, love, loves the necklace and that makes me very happy. Cheers to Mrs. Gibson's Atelier!
Oh, and by the way, my daughter was fabulous!

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails