Thursday, June 25, 2009

Etsy Seller Spotlight...Petaltothemetal


I was reading an Etsy Finds article on the Storque today called "Nice Day for a White Wedding". I was immediately taken by the uniqueness of the Made-to-Order Bouquet by Petaltothemetal. I just had to know more about this artist. I went to her shop profile and read the sweet story of how her wedding bouquet inspired her Etsy shop. She was kind enough to tell me more...



1. Tell us a little about yourself. - My nameis Robyn, and I'm a newlywed living in Omaha, NE. i work full-time and craft and write in my spare time.

2. How did you come up with the idea to do a crocheted flower bouquet for your wedding? - after looking at bouquets for a few weeks, i couldn't seem to find anything i truly loved. every flower bouquet i found seemed identical. then i saw on a blog how a woman was going to knit one red rose for her live bridal bouquet, and the idea was born!

3. Where did you learn your techniques? after looking through many blogs and books, i came up with my own pattern. i learned to knit from a friend at 19, and i learned to crochet from my mom!

4. Do you sell your creations anywhere besides Etsy? i offer free knitting patterns on Ravelry (my user name is "thecraftivist"), and will be offering patterns in the future at Petal To The Metal as well!

5. Do you do any other kinds of arts/crafts? i knit, crochet, and scrapbook.

6. What piece in your collection is your favorite? Probably the bridal bouquets, because i loved mine so much!

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails